Monday, November 18, 2013

That Time I Almost Fell Out of My Chair

So, we got an e-mail today from Very-Far-Out-of-State Caseworker and I almost fell right out of my chair.  I had to read it three times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating from paint fumes.


"We will be proceeding with your family as one of the final families 
for the match staffing."

I'm not even kidding.  That means the teenage boy in the sibling group, along with his caseworker, chose US (along with several other families) out of 14 families to go to the matching meeting.  Guitar Hero and I are still in shock and our caseworker is doing an I-told-you-so Happy Dance.  Y'all, even if we aren't chosen to parent these kiddos, that still means there are people who can look past the size of our family to see what else we have to offer.


That is HOPE

We should know the outcome of the meeting in about two weeks.  Stay tuned...